South Kerry Development Partnership Ltd (SKDP) is a local area Development company, established in May 1991 to promote and support the Development of sustainable and vibrant communities in the south Kerry area. The South Kerry Skillnet is State funded and promoted by the South Kerry Development Partnership Limited.
All Training that we carry out in The South Kerry Skillnet Programme receives funding and is at the direction of our network members who come from all over the Kerry region and across a wide range of industries.
It provides for the rapid improvement of skills and learning for the workforce to improve performance in a world of constant change, ever increasing services demands, intense competition and regulatory compliance.
“Its people that make the difference in any business and its performance is largely dependent of the skills, knowledge and organisation of its workforce”.
The South Kerry Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, and initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
By joining the South Kerry Skillnet your company can benefit from:
Top quality Training Programmes based on the actual needs of businesses.
- Up to 25% funding of Training costs provided.
- Support for your in-house training requirements.
- Training delivered locally throughout the area, minimizing costs and disruption.
- One to one mentoring: personal coaching for owner/managers by experienced professionals.
The South Kerry Skillnet Programme
- Supports the training of people at all levels of the business including owner/managers, staff and workers.
- We carry out courses under our JSSP Programme for the unemployed and these are 100% funded by Skillnets.
- Job-Seekers are eligible to attend our courses, free of charge, but some criteria may apply. Contact the network for further information.
- Is very supportive of Small Businesses.
Our Network Members include, Farmers, Childcare Facilities, Small SME’s such as Hairdressers and Accountants to larger companies such as Fexco and Astellas.
Once a member company approaches Skillnet with a particular training need, Skillnet will then immediately set about finding other member businesses who may have the same or similar training requirements. Once Skillnet has gathered enough members to run the training, they will then organise the training provider, venue and any other items to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the training.
Our contracted training providers have passed through a rigorous tendering process, ensuring that we have selected the most experienced, cost effective and who’s going to provide the best value for our Network members.
A Skillnet network is a group of companies that come together to carry out cross-organizational training related activities which may not be possible on their own. Companies jointly address their training needs, collaborate with other enterprises, and engage experts, trainers, certifying bodies, industry bodies and others to work with them to achieve their goals.
Training Programmes include courses on:
- Sales & Marketing
- Customer Care
- Managing People & Performance
- Employment Law
- Management Development – Essential Skills
- Computer Skills, ECDL, Word, Excel, Email & Internet
And many more as requested by our members. All our courses and networking events are shown on the Skillnet website. Please view the Calendar or Course Listing to view these. www.skillnet.ie
South Kerry Skillnet supports the development of business networks, organising regular seminars and briefing sessions for owners/managers throughout the region with expert speakers on topics of interest, providing you with opportunities to :
- Make new business contacts.
- Pick up valuable business information and knowledge.
- Promote your business.
- Improve your business performance through collaboration with others in joint activities such as marketing, purchasing, etc, enabling you to achieve goals that might otherwise be beyond your reach.
The JSSP (Job Seekers Support Programme) is designed specifically for the unemployed. It is 100% funded by Skillnets and as part of the course participants are required to complete a work placement relevant to the course. In 2012 we are running two JSSP Courses, they are Website development and Tour Guiding with First Aid. We believe these are two courses that are relevant to South Kerry and areas where there is definite employment for the participants once they have completed the course.
Should you be interested in participating in either course then please contact us.
Under the TNP (Training Network Programme) we also provide Training courses for the Unemployed. For instance if an employer wants us to run a Train the Trainer Course and the course is full we can then put up to 4 Unemployed people on that same course.
- Your company name
- Nature of your business
- Your own contact information
- A description of your training requirement
- Number of people likely to attend
Once we have received your enquiry we will contact you to discuss further details of the Training.