The next Rural Men’s outing is this Thursday, 14th November and will be a celebration of our first ten years of activity. In November 2009 at the Red Fox Inn near Glenbeigh, the group held its first social gathering and since then members have gone on numerous day trips, tea dances and overnight trips around the country.
To mark the achievements of the Rural Men’s Group over the decade, they decided to return to the same venue and also take in some local attractions, details below.
The group wants new members!
If any of this appeals to you (or someone you know) make contact at any SKDP Reception desks.
- Tea and chat in Glencar Community Center
- Presentation on the KerryLIFE project
- Visit Kerry Bog Village
- Three course dinner at the Red Fox Inn
- Presentation on 10 years of Rural Men’s activities
- Music by Neillie O Connor
- Return Home around 5pm
The cost of the trip is €50 and to ensure your place, bookings should be made in advance at any SKDP office (cheques payable to “Rural Men’s Group”). Buses will pickup from the usual locations:
Bus 1: Sneem, Kenmare & Killarney area
- 9.00am Sneem
- 9.30am Kenmare Square
- 9.45am Healy Rae Shop Kilgarvan
- 10.00am Killarney Heights Hotel
- 10.15am Beaufort Bridge
Bus 2: Waterville and Cahersiveen area
- 9.00am Waterville (Community Centre)
- 9.15am Cahersiveen Bus Stop
- 9.30am Kells Station
- 9.45am Glenbeigh Church
- 10.00am Killorglin Bus Stop
Bus 3: Annascaul area
- 9.00am Annascaul (Church)
- 9.15am Foleys Pub (Inch)
- 9.30am Fybough (Shop )
- 9.45am Boolteens (Church)
- 10.00am Castlemaine (Cronins)
- 10.15am Milltown (Square)